Returning With Confidence
We aim to make ArmadaCon as safe and relaxed as possible. We’ve made changes to enable you to return with confidence.
To protect our attendees, we know that you will be willing to follow these guidelines.
Before you join us, please fulfil the following:
• Have had a negative result on a Lateral Flow Test within the previous 24 hours.
We also advise you to:
• Be double vaccinated.
• Show proof of natural immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19 following completion of your self-isolation period, if applicable.
If you need it or are unable to test before you arrive, we will have plenty of Lateral Flow test kits available. We also have an experienced Lateral Flow tester on-site to help you through the process.
Based on research and the hotel, Future Inns Plymouth, we would ask all of our attendees to wear a mask in the corridors and common areas.
We would encourage the wearing of masks in the convention rooms when moving around.
We would ask the attendees to be aware of how near you are to other people and avoid crowding, especially at obvious bottlenecks.
In the convention rooms, you are welcome to move your chair to give yourself the room to make yourself comfortable.
This is as new to us as it is to you and we would welcome any suggestions and feedback to help us improve.
Please let us know if you have any special concerns or issues.
General Rules and Info
- Please wear your badge at all times, in plain sight; you need it to access convention spaces.
- Bear in mind that we're a family-friendly event; there will be kids around. Keep it clean!
- We're not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the convention. We can offer sympathy though.
- We reserve the right to ask attendees to leave the convention, without refund, if they are behaving inappropriately.
- Events and guests are subject to change and cancellation. We'll do our best to warn you of changes via our website, Twitter, and Facebook; but sometimes changes will happen without notice.
- We love photos, but please ask your subjects for their permission first - it's only polite.
- Under-13s must be accompanied by their adult at all times. We want children to enjoy themselves, but we are not a creche
ArmadaCon is dedicated to providing a great convention experience for everyone, whatever their gender, sexuality, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion. For this reason, we will not tolerate any form of harassment. Convention participants found to be engaging in harassment may be sanctioned or expelled from the Convention without refund.
Harassment can include (but is not limited to):
- offensive verbal comments about gender, sexuality, impairment, physical appearance, body size, race or religion
- showing sexual imagery in public spaces
- intimidation, stalking or following
- photographing or recording someone without their permission
- sustained disruption of talks or other events
- uninvited physical contact
- uninvited sexual attention
What should I do if I am being harassed?
In some cases you may find the harassment stops if you clearly say 'no', 'please leave me alone' or simply walk away. We would appreciate it if the registration desk was informed, to help us identify any repeat offenders.
If you continue to be harassed or notice someone else being harassed; please visit the registration desk or contact a member of the convention committee. Committee members can help participants contact the hotel or law enforcement (if that's what they'd like to do), provide a listener, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe during the Convention.